CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Oh my GRAVY!!!

Wow, once again I have let this blog get way too far behind. I'm not going to lie to you, I've thought of writing several times, but have been, wait for it.....too busy! I know, color you surprised, right? Any who, lots to talk about, but it's late so I'll just give you a little somethin' somethin', so you don't totally hate me and then I'll try, (notice I didn't promise...I'm learning) to write more this coming week. This one's for you Alicia ;) Here is a recent conversation between me and my children.

Adam Jr.: Avery's you're favorite, go ahead and admit it!
Me: No she's not, I don't have favorites.
Avery to Adam Jr.: No, you're her favorite, because you were the first born. (She says as actual tears fill her sad, sad eyes!)
Me: If you guys have to know the truth, Aidan's my favorite, and this is why...he never says either of you are my favorite and doesn't cause me any grief.

At that point, I get a roll of the eyes from both of them and the conversation continues.

Me: Actually, it's because whenever I say anything to Aidan, his response is "Oh-right" (that's how he pronounces alright) where as Adam tells me whatever I have said is either, "not funny," or "lame." While Avery, on the other hand just says, "whateve," rolls her eyes, slaps her hand on her hip and strikes a pose like she's just reached the end of a runway. It's quite aggravating, and it is the reason, that at the moment he is my favorite.

They both pretend to have hurt feelings, I begin to feel guilty, tell them obviously I really don't have any favorites, but if I were to have one I would pick the one person who hasn't given me attitude in the past 24 hours. They both walk off annoyed and I'm fairly certain rolling their eyes. Aidan would win by default...the other two just can't help themselves. Hmm...maybe they're onto something, maybe I do have a favorite? Just kidding, all Moms know there is no such thing as a "favorite." That would be completely unfair, and I am the epitome of fairness!!! In fact, I don't have a middle name so I think I'm going to make "the epitome of fairness" my middle name. More stories to come, I hope! Until then, good night, and happy Halloween (just in case)!

3 comments:

CandraWynne said...

that is too funny!! Happy Halloween to you too.... and Happy Thanksgiving and Ho Ho Ho MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

The Ollila's said...

Your kids are so funny!! I love to hear of ya'lls conversations. Keep 'em coming!!

Julie said...

Sounds too familiar! WhatEVER!!! (eye roll)