Okay, obviously this is way late but better late than never. I'll post the pictures from the first day of school in a minute so don't get too upset. I'll also post a few from birthdays as well. Let's start with Adam since his is pretty uneventful. He started 7th grade and pretty much had little to tell me about his first day. He knows a few people in his classes, and is pretty bummed that his best friend Cameron isn't in any of them. They are on separate teams, so they have to learn to do things without each other. So sad I know! He's also playing football this year. He had his first scrimmage last Monday, but it rained the entire time so it was quite difficult to enjoy. Plus, I don't know much about football, in fact, I know nothing about football, so it was hard to follow! I'm sure I'll learn more as the season goes on, but I have to say I'm not too excited about him getting tackled. Someone could seriously injure my little mansy! Oh, he's looking over my shoulder and not happy about my choice of words, so I better move on to Avery.
Avery started kindergarten this year, and the first day she did pretty well. We all, Adam Sr., Adam Jr., Aidan and myself, dropped her off for her first day. It was quite exciting. I was pretty sad, I have to admit. I just can't believe my little Avery is a big kindergartner. What's crazy is how little she seems compared to the older kids at the school. It just doesn't seem right! Well, the second day was a little difficult, as were the rest of the days that first week. She would cry when we dropped her off, and wouldn't want to let go of me. Thankfully it was just me and Aidan dropping her off at that point, although, it may have been easier if her Dad dropped her off. She doesn't seem to cause such a scene for him. Go figure. He dropped her off the next week when we could no longer walk her to class, and wouldn't you know she didn't cry a drop. Good news though, from that point forward, no more tears. She happily goes to school now, and just adores her teacher, who adores her as well. I know, because she told me so! Which I have to admit puts my mind at ease, because we all know how much "personality" Avery has, and I was worried that "personality" might get her into some trouble. Anyways, she's learning lots, and totally loving it, so everyone's happy. Except Aidan, he's still constantly asking if it's time to pick-up Avery and Adam.
Don't be too sad for Aidan though, he started preschool this year. He goes twice a week, and he's loving it as well. The first day, he didn't have a problem being left there, as a matter of fact, he hardly said good-bye to me. When I picked him up though, he was happy to see me, so that made me feel better. So far, he's still loving it and not giving me any problems so thank goodness for that. His teacher is great, and he's been giving her hugs since the first day, so I really don't worry too much about him. Plus, as soon as I pick him up he can't stop talking about everything he's done at school. It's really cute!
So there you have it, an update about the first day of school. It took me awhile to get it posted but I finally did. I'm sure I'll have more to post later, but for now, that's about it. I will however post some pictures like I said I would, so enjoy!!!!
Friday, September 18, 2009
First Day of school
Posted by Sonia at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment