Let me give you a little background on this first conversation, so it'll make a little more sense. When I fix Aidan's hair, I usually comb it out then add a little gel and mess it up to make his curls come out. His hairs gotten less curly and more wavy as he's gotten older, so I like to help it out. Same thing I do to mine when I want it curly. Anyways, when Adam Sr. fixes Aidan's hair he just slicks it back like Clark Kent, because he has a weird obsession with Superman. Don't ask! So, I always complain because I just love the curls. Don't get me wrong he looks "adorable" either way, I just love the curls! So here's my conversation with Aidan:
Me: Aidan I need to fix your hair for school!
Aidan: Ughhh!
I start to comb it out and Aidan says: Mom it's not messy, it's not "dorable!"
Me: Huh?
Aidan: It's not messy, so it's not "dorable!"
Me: Oh, you want me to mess it up so it will be "A-dorable!"
Aidan: Yes, not like Daddy!
Me: Well you have to give me a minute, I'm workin' on it!
Aidan: I just did! Mess it up now, or I'll mess it up my ownself!
Me: I'm doing it right now!
Aidan: OKAY!!!
I finish his hair and take him to the mirror:
Me: Now is it okay!
Aidan: Yes, I'm "dorable!"
And that was the end of that! He cracks me up!
Here's a recent conversation with Avery:
Avery: I know how to spell pharmacy!
Me: Really? How? (I ask knowing that she couldn't possibly know how to spell pharmacy seeing as it's barely the 4th week of kindergarten)
Avery: Yup, it's C-V-S!!!
We all start to laugh and then I explain that CVS is just the pharmacy we always go to, it's not how you actually spell pharmacy. I did however tell her she has a brilliant future in advertising!
Another convo with Ave:
Avery: Mom, Adam has the swine flu!
Me: No he doesn't Avery!
Avery: Yes he does!
Me: No he doesn't, now eat your breakfast!
Avery: He's coughing, running a fever and his throat hurts right?
Me: Yes, but that could be any number of things!
Avery: But it's the swine flu! Me and Aidan still can't be around him, right?
Me: Yes, that's right!
Avery: Yup, it's the pig flu, and I'm going to have to tell my teacher!
Me: IT'S NOT THE SWINE FLU AND DON'T YOU GO TELLING EVERYONE AT SCHOOL THAT IT IS!
Avery: Have to, it's the rules!
So, if your child goes to school with Avery and you are reading this ignore her claims, she can be a bit dramatic! So, sorry!!!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Conversations with the little ones!
Posted by Sonia at 10:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Thanks for all your posting--Really enjoy your writing and all the pictures!
So, I am a little behind on reading everyones blog. I laughed so hard reading your little convos with the kids. Especially Avery spelling pharmacy. that great!!! I can't believe AJ was that sick with a respritary infection. Glad it wasn't the swine flu. We will keep our fingers crossed together on not getting it. If you are ever up for a move after the kids are in bed let me know. I am always game for a late movie.
Post a Comment