Well, Adam Jr. has stressed me out a ton in the past few weeks. It started a couple weeks ago when he had a horrible cough, runny nose, body aches, fatigue and sore throat. All signs of swine flu, but no fever. Since he didn't have a fever I figured I'd just keep him home, give him lots of fluids and tylenol and let it run it's course. I also quarantined him to his room. And didn't let the others go near him. Well, then Avery gets a miserable cough, runny nose, yadda, yadda, yadda, still no fever. So I keep her home for a few days and again do the fluids and tylenol. Then Adam Sr., gets sick, and well, he can take care of himself, I've got two sick and one that I'd like to keep healthy! Anyways, they all get better after about 4 days, and I think, whoo hoo we kicked the swine flu's butt! Well, not so fast, the next week Adam comes home from his football game and he's burning up, not to mention his cough is much worse. So we take his temperature and sure enough he's at 102.4. Dang swine flu. So, now that he's running a fever I decide to take him to the doctor. In the meantime I'm constantly checking on him and making sure he can breathe. Especially since all he wants to do is sleep, and when he's not sleeping, he's vomiting. Yikes! I take him into the doctor, they run the flu test and guess what, no flu. So I shout for joy and take Adam and Aidan home. Did I mention he was the first appointment of the morning? It pays to be friends with the doctor. I so didn't want to have to wait in the waiting room with Adam, Aidan and a million other people who quite possibly have the swine flu. Any who, turns out it was an upper respiratory infection so a few days on antibiotics and he was good as new. Except that stinkin' cough won't go away! Added bonus, the other two didn't get it, again I kept AJ quarantined. Our allergies on the other hand, are making me and Avery pretty darn miserable. I think it's time to visit an allergist! So, for now no swine flu, but if we do happen to come across it, I'll let you know! I'm hoping this week everyone will be healthy, I'm desperately in need of some "me" time!
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment