1. His sense of humor, the kid makes me laugh all the time. As much as he tries to act grown-up now that he's a preteen, there are times when the little kid in him comes smiling through. Like the top photo. Anyways, thanks for the past twelve years of amusement AJ.
2. He's so stinkin' smart. Too smart really! It can cause constant debates between us, but he does raise good points and lots of times he has a way of converting my view point! Hmm...maybe that's not something I should love, lol!
3. He's sweet as sugar. Seriously, he can be the sweetest kid in the world. I remember one time when he was three and I had strep throat, he laid in the bed with me, watched a movie and patted my hand the entire time. He just kept telling me, "It's okay mommy, Adam's here!" So sweet...he always knows when I'm feeling bad, and he knows just how to make me feel better!
4. His eyes, he's got the most beautiful hazel/green eyes. I swear that's how he gets me to do everything he wants. And those freckles...there's no hope for me!
5. His self confidence...he knows he can do anything he wants to if he sets his mind to it. He's soo sure of himself, not in a conceited way that is, and knows there's nothing he can't do. I have always struggled with self confidence, so the fact that he believes in himself is a huge relief to me.
6. He's the best big brother in the world. Although they fight like most brothers and sisters, Adam loves his little sister and brother, more than anything. He helps me out with them all the time. Especially right now that I'm recovering from surgery. If I need to lay down for a little while he'll take them upstairs and play with them until I've had a chance to nap. It's really great having him around, he really is a wonderful help to me and I sooo appreciate him.
7. "His voice, he makes me melt like a Popsicle on the fourth of July!" Okay, so I stole that one from Darla on the Little Rascals, but seriously his singing is amazing. He's got a great ear, so his pitch is always spot on! Beautiful!
8. He's such a great athlete. There's not a sport he can't play. The kid is a natural. He loves to play anything and everything. He is constantly moving, so obviously he loves exercise. Again, another thing I struggle with that I'm glad he doesn't. He even played football Thanksgiving morning when he had been up vomiting all night. Crazy kid!!!
9. His personality. He is a great friend to everyone! He's never met a person he didn't like! If he knows someone is having a bad day, he is the first to go up to them and make sure everythings okay. He hates to see people unhappy. He's just a really compassionate person, and I'm soo thankful for that.
10. He teaches me things all the time. I learn things from him that I never knew. Whether it has to do with academic things or spiritual things, I'm amazed at his amount of knowledge. And soo grateful that he shares the wealth, lol!
11. His height, I'm soo glad he's going to be tall. That way when I'm old and frail he can carry me around, lol! Seriously though, I hated being teased about my short stature when I was younger, so I'm soo happy he doesn't have to worry about that.
12. His vocabulary. He's such a smart cookie that he is able to get his message across to people without resorting to "colorful language," as he calls it. He told a friend last year that he was going to get him a dictionary for Christmas, so he could find other words to use in place of his usual curse words. You go Adam!
Don't get me wrong, he's still a preteen and he still gets into the usual trouble, but he's the best preteen I know and I'm soooo happy he's mine. I love you Adam Jr., you are one of the best sons ever. Definitely the best 12 year old, lol! I love you lots and I'm soo proud of the young man you are becoming. Happy Birthday Honey Bunny!!!!




4 comments:
I can't believe you have a 12 year old! I hope he had a great birthday!
Happy Birthday Adam Jr. Hope you have a FANTASTIC day!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy AdAm!
We LoVe YoU!
SmOoChEs!
Pa WyNnE & KiM
You're too young to have a 12 yo. Me too! Kyle keeps meaning to call Adam to tell him happy b-day.
Post a Comment