CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Aidan!!!




Okay, so this is a little late since Aidan's 2nd birthday was on the 21st of the month, but if it was actually posted on his birthday, it would be too predictable! Yeah, I know, I'm such a liar! I've just been extremely busy with school starting, four birthdays in our household within one month, baseball and life in general! Anywho, I wanted to let my little dude know that I love him. He is a special little spirit and he makes me smile every time I look at him. In honor of his second birthday I want to list two things I love about him. Just like with Avery and I'm sure Adam Jr. when his birthday comes, there are way more than a few things I love about him. So I'm going to have a hard time narrowing it down, but I'll try!

1. He is the sweetest soul that has ever lived. He learned pretty early on how to give hugs and kisses and one of the first phrases he learned to say was, "I luh you!" He seriously LOVES everyone! He's quick to help a person if he senses they are in trouble! He'll run to them with a look of concern on his face, ready to give them a hug. The funny thing is I've always called him Kal-El, you know Superman's cryptonian name! Well, he would hurt himself, like run into a table, trip over something, whatever and he wouldn't even flinch! Just like when he broke his arm and he didn't really complain about it, so by the time I took him to the doctor two weeks later it was almost completely healed. Oh, did I mention he would lift our coffee table with his broken arm during that time too! Anyways, just like Superman, Aidan is always looking out for everyone! And apparently he can heal himself without the aid of modern medicine. In fact, I have yet to take him to the doctor for anything other than a well child. He's never been on an antibiotic! The only issues he's had have been allergy or teething related. Hmm...maybe there is more of a connection to Superman than I thought, lol! Anyways, I am so grateful for his loving/caring nature!

2. He is the most laid back person I have ever known. Nothing phases him. He rarely gets fussy and if he does, it's usually from lack of sleep. He has always been shuttled around to different activities because of AJ or Avery and I guess that has helped him become so easygoing. He is the one that gives me the least amount of trouble everyday! AJ asked once who I would prefer to take to the store with me out of all the kids and I said quickly without hesitation, "Aidan!" He's just so EASY! Adam wasn't too happy about that, but he was happy to at least come in second, lol! I always joke it's because Aidan's the third born, which I was, so I think it makes him more patient! But the reality is, he's just a really happy and patient person! I'm sooo grateful!!! I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't the way he is! Plus, if I'm getting stressed or having a bad day, he seems to know it and usually does something to make me relax. For example, he'll come sit next to me on the sofa and just start sweeping my hair out of my face and off my shoulders. Then he'll look at me and give me a huge toothy grin! It's just the sweetest thing! I always worry that the terrible two's are going to strike, and hopefully I'm not jinxing myself, but I really think he's never going to change! Or at least I hope! But I swear Adam hit the terrible two's at 18 months, and Avery at about 12 months, lol! So, I'm hoping I have a little more time left with easygoing Aidan!

Happy birthday Kal-El! You're the BEST!!!!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Wow--you've been busy! Happy birthday to Aidan and Adam Sr.