CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Adam Sr.!!!

Alright, like I said we've had four birthdays in the past month! So, Happy Birthday Adam Sr. His birthday was yesterday and it was quite eventful! Well in honor of his father's birthday Adam Jr. had a baseball tournament, so we got to spend the day out in the sun, sweating to death! Aidan was drenched in sweat by the time the tourney was over and we got back to the car! It was NASTY!!! But we did have a short break from the heat during lunch time. The team went to the Nuthouse Grill for lunch and to play some arcade type games. It was great. They have t.v's set-up there where you can play a trivia type game or poker against others in the restaurant. So of course AJ chose to play POKER! He is really good at it, it's kind of scary! Thank goodness they don't play for money, although he'd make a killing. Anyways after the second hand, AJ goes all in and some of his team mates called him on it and wouldn't you know he won the hand and took out a couple of team mates in the process. OUCH! They didn't care though, they could get right back in after sitting out a hand, so there were no hard feelings. But, AJ had to go to the bathroom, so his dad took his little computer thing and decided he was going to play for him. Luckily AJ was out of the bathroom in a flash, so his Dad didn't have a chance to do any real damage, lol! But that's beside the point, I was talking about Adam Sr.'s birthday! He seemed to have a lot of fun! He played pool with AJ while I played a game of never-ending air hockey with Ave and Aidan! It was lots of fun! Then we headed back to the ballpark for his last game of the day and then we came home. We pretty much just stayed home and had dinner and cake. His mom brought over some brownies that were yummy and my sister made a cake for him. I made him some chili for dinner, his favorite, and he ended up getting heartburn. It was so bad he was actually in tears! He was worried he was having a heart attack, but I assured him with the combination of chili, his pack-a-day coke habit, and his stress at work, I was pretty sure it was either heartburn or just plain 'ol stress! Anyways, his mom and sister brought over a b/p monitor and I checked his b/p and it was only slightly elevated, nothing worth noting! Anyways as the night progressed and he began to unwind, he started to feel better and the fear of a heart attack passed! I do appreciate his mother and sister's concern and willingness to help if need be! Thankfully it all turned out fine! Plus Avery ended up spending the night at my sister's house, and Aidan hadn't napped so he fell right to sleep, so it was a pretty uneventful night otherwise! Anyways, I would list the 32 things about Adam Sr., that I love, but seriously I'd end up with carpal tunnel syndrome from all the typing and I'm already out of words for the day! Remember, I just posted about Aidan too! Plus, how do you really come up with enough words to express your gratitude and love to someone you've known for so long? Especially when chances are you've already said them all a million times! I think if you just say the same things over and over they start to lose their meaning and the sincerity that's meant! Does that make sense? Anywho, Adam, I love you for you and for who you are, and the kind of father you are to our children. You really are an amazing Dad and I thank you for all you do for our family! Especially since I know the stress work causes you! But, you do it because you love us and want to provide for our family! So thank you! Happy Birthday, I love you!!! Even if I don't say it enough!!!! Oh, and I didn't post a picture of him yet because I need to get them off of my camera, so as soon as I do I'll post it. Plus, I have to make sure he doesn't mind me posting a picture of him! See, I hate posting pictures of myself, so I'm going to try to be fair!!!!

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Adam Sr.! We miss you guys!