I was at Hobby Lobby today with Aidan, since Ave and Adam were both at school, and we had lots of shopping to do. It's kind of hard to keep Aidan entertained long enough so that I can "really" look at the beads I need to get. So, he usually gets something out of my purse to play with and today it was my phone. He was having a grand ole time with it, pretending to talk to, if I had to guess Avery! Then this nice little old man came up and started talking to Aidan, and Aidan was all too happy to explain he was talking on "mommy's phone!" The man stood there and talked to him for a good five minutes and I swear he knew exactly what Aidan was talking about. He had Aidan giggling and pointing at the phone and me! It was too funny! So, then the man leaves and a little old lady walks up and starts chatting him up! He was loving all the attention! He didn't even need my phone anymore! He was so entertained by his conversations that I was able to finish up and get the things I needed with hardly any hassle at all! It was amazing! Aidan was so well behaved that on our way out, I let him get some silly putty! He was so excited! As we were leaving, the little old man he'd seen earlier saw him and said, "Hey little buddy, I see you're off the phone now!" To which Aidan responded, "Yeah...I got silly putty!" Then he giggled, and so did the little old man! It was too cute! So this is why I LOVE senior citizens. They make my shopping trips so much happier when we run into them!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I thought you were gonna say you saw mom (senior citizen) at hobby lobby! hahahah
haha ouch tray :) Ok now I have to admit that I have the opposite view. Don't get me wrong I love seniors but when it takes you an 1 hr to get through Costco for 5 items because seniors keep stopping to say hi to McKayla all I can think about is... common people I have things to do :( That is why sometimes I don't like going to Costco... I know it will take me forever :( I guess I should start looking at the glass half full.. Thanks for the new perspective Sonia!!
Hey, I'm always happy to have others entertain my children, lol! Otherwise, I would probably feel the same way Candra!!! Tracy, lol about Mom! Sadly, she was off that day, otherwise I could've shopped longer, lol!
I really hope they get a Hobby Lobby closer to us down here. Right now I drive about 20-25 min each way to get to one but they are the closest store that has a very good variety of scrapbook paper and that store is addicting to begin with :)
I LOVE it when people talk to Ian too. Just like you said, it totally entertains....or gets them to stop screaming. I am so glad you had a good shopping experience.
Post a Comment