I don't know where Avery comes up with this stuff, but the girl is crazy. I picked up Avery and Aidan from the daycare at the gym and decided to grab a bite at the cafe. So, we are sitting there eating lunch when Avery tells me she's "angry!" Being the ever curious mother that I am, plus the fact that she would've told me whether I wanted to hear about it or not, I ask her why she's "angry." Wouldn't you know it has a long story behind it, but basically she was wearing a shirt with a mermaid on it and a little girl in the daycare told Avery, that she was a mermaid. Avery that is, because she was wearing a mermaid shirt. Avery didn't like that one bit, and told her it was just a shirt and explained how she wears it all the time. But, just because she wears it, it doesn't make her a mermaid. Then, they go back and forth with the nu-uh's, and the yu-hu's and Avery gets progressively more agitated. I can tell just by listening to her tell the story. Seeing as she's getting angrier by the second, I chime in with, "it's okay, mermaids are really cute!" And what is her response? "Not as cute as ME!" She says this with all the attitude and seriousness of a teenager who just found out they actually have to work if they want a car. I couldn't help but laugh at first, because it seemed so funny. Then, I began to cry, thinking about what she'll be like as a teenager. If she's this much of a handful now, what in the world am I in for? The horror! Thank the lord I only have one girl. With her personality, there is no way our household could survive another diva! It's a good thing I'm not high maintenance, lol!!!
BTW, I just have to tell you guys about something Avery said the other night that made me quite happy. She was sitting on the sofa with me and Adam Sr. and all of the sudden she says, "Daddy is so nice!" So, then I ask her, "what about me?" Thinking maybe I had offended her in some way during the day, which would not be unusual. And she says, "you're FABULOUS!" He he he, I totally think "fabulous," trumps "nice!" Adam just looked at me and rolled his eyes as I giggled. So now, I'm known as the fabulous one, and he's just "nice." It's so great to see that all the brainwashing I do during the day is finally paying off, lol!!!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Mermaids are cute!
Posted by Sonia at 7:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
LOL! Avery is just so darn cute.
It's true...you are FABULOUS! Have a great day.
Its always nice to know that fabulous trumps being nice huh!!! I can't wait to see Avery she sounds like she is 4 going on 14 :) Even McKayla has been showing a lot more attitude lately and I'm scared for the years ahead!! haha
I was worried about Samantha too because she can have so much attitude, but Leslie told me how Madison was the same way. And look how Madison has turned out so far. Pretty darn good. SO I try and tell myself there is still hope :)
Think positive! Maybe Avery will get all her attitude out young and will be a teenager all of us other moms will envy! : ) And you know I think you are FABULOUS and Adam's nice. : )
I just LOVE Avery! I am so glad we will get to see more of her fierceness first hand with ya'll moving back :)
Post a Comment