Well, I got tagged for the first time ever by my friend Tiffany, and now I have to list seven random facts/quirks about myself. Which really shouldn't be too difficult, considering it is me we are talking about. Then I have to tag seven people who have to do the same thing on their blogs. So, here are my lucky seven, err...twelve,...Julie B., Angela D., Alicia O., April F., Veronica, Heather, Stephanie, Tracy, Kim W., Candra, Karen C. and Alyssa W. I know that's more than seven but I love to hear about my friends lives. There would have been more, but Tiffany who tagged me, tagged them as well!
1. I was the president of an unofficial Joey McIntyre fan club back in the day. For those of you who don't know, he is in N.K.O.T.B. If you don't know who N.K.O.T.B is, then you are way tooooo young, lol! Actually it's New Kids On The Block. And, I was fortunate enough to go backstage twice. I only met Joe, which is what he goes by now, I believe, once! Sad I know. There is much more to this story, but it's one of the things I mentioned I had to find proof of before I posted, so you'll just have to wait and see! I will say that I had told everyone that I knew that I would one day be Mrs. Joey McIntyre and I totally believed it! Obviously I'm not...go figure!!!
2. I love to sing and have MAJOR stage freight, which is why I teach! I'm just way too self-conscious and shy! I can't take the criticism. Although, I'm still holding out hope for a senior addition of American Idol. I think I'd get over my fear long enough to hear Simon Cowell tell me I should find another hobby!
3. I'd really love to be a doctor, I'm just not smart enough. So, I love to watch medical shows and diagnose patients before they do on the show. Just so I can impress my family! I'm usually right, or at least pretty darn close. House M.D. is a little more random though, so sometimes I'm not even close. I loved taking microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology in college and surprisingly did really well in those classes. Again...go figure!!!
4. I have had several random jobs. I worked at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington for two seasons. The first year I worked in a restaurant, and the next year in one of the shops. When I worked in the shop, I managed to get promoted to Store Manager. I was only 16, so I was pretty impressed with myself. Although, the big Supervisors were like 18, so really it wasn't a big deal, but I had to make myself feel better! I also worked as a greeter in a huge electronic store, Incredible Universe. I really just sat at the front desk offered people reward-type cards and said, "Hello, welcome to Incredible Universe!" BORING!!!! I really wanted to be one of the karaoke singers. They really had them. But again, my fear took over and I just couldn't bring myself to even audition. I was a beauty consultant at Ulta 3, I think it's just Ulta now! Good grief I'm old. I did makeovers on people, and was a hair model. Hair model meaning they cut my hair for free and I walked around with a button that said I got my hair done at Ulta, while I worked. Whoo hoo! Yeah, not a "real" model. That would be a laugh. Although, I hear there are agencies that actually hire unattractive models. That would be right up my alley...but, again, I digress. Next, I worked at 5-7-9, and yes, at the time I could fit the clothes, which I swear to you runs about two sizes smaller! I also worked at Foleys as a floater, before it became Macy's. Then, I worked for several years as a Medical Assistant in family practice and Ob/Gyn. I also did some medical transcription. And lastly, I worked as a vocal coach. Sheesh, I'm tired just thinking about all of that!
5. Holy Moley, I'm not finished yet? I love scary movies, mysteries and the like. I also love roller coaters! Adam's not big on roller coasters, so I usually have to ride with my sister, or now Adam Jr. I once bought Adam Sr. a season pass to Six Flags while we were dating, and soon discovered it was a complete waste of money! Oh well, live and learn!!!
6. I've lived in several different states and I love moving with my family. My dad worked for the Army and Air force Exchange Service, so he was transferred about every three years. We lived in Texas, where I was born and live now, New Mexico, Florida, Massachusetts, and Kentucky. After I got married my family was sent to Germany and I was soooo sad, but we did get to visit, so it's all good!
7. One of my best friends in Kentucky, Rhonda, is Nicole Scherzinger's, from the Pussycat Dolls, cousin. We used to hang out all the time. In fact, I got my first kiss at Nicole's house, when we were supposed to be baby-sitting her. She's actually only 3 or 4 years younger than me and Rhonda. Also, Nicole's mom worked at my Dad's office, and we all went to church together. Small world, huh? By the way, the guy who gave me my first kiss is now gay! Adam says I turned him gay, whateve! Although, there was another guy that I kissed that is now homosexual as well, and a good girl friend of mine now claims to be a lesbian, but I hardly think it's fair to say "I" caused it! It is a really strange coincidence though! Whenever Adam teases me about it, I just tell him that he better watch out or he could be next! That shuts him up pretty quick, lol!!!
I may have just revealed a bit too much information about myself, but hey, I'm just keeping it real folks!!! Have a good one!!!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Tagged, yikes!!!
Posted by Sonia at 10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I love your randomness and no you did not reveal to much. :-) Where have you been? I'm a little worried I haven't heard from you, but I guess if your blogging your probably all right. By the way??? Do I have to be tagged??? Okay, I'll do it for you. :-)
Huh. Not sure what to say about your first kissee being gay....
I'll get some stuff on my blog once I can think of 7 things about me that won't put you to sleep!
Ha ha! The guy I kissed is now gay! It's sad but true. In my defense, he's kissed several girls since then. I was just one of many, so so so sad! Alyssa, we were in Dallas for a blessing and baptism this past weekend and last week I was dealing with Aidan's broken arm and Avery's tonsilitis. There's always something!!!
OK! Wait a minute!
Is that me on your tagged list!.......No, It couldn’t be!
This may take me a little while……
You know, trying to figure out what I want everyone else to know….LOL
But... I will work on it……I’ll try!
Kim W ;-)
Sonia you're great! I knew you would have lots of interesting things to tell about yourself! Thanks for doing it. I didn't know you would like to be a doctor, that's way cool! I think you'd be great. At least you can be Dr. Mom for your kids.
Ok, I did it...for you!
I enjoyed reading your random facts. You are hilarious & the more I learn about you the more I love your funny sense of humor. Have a great day!
Your a hoot Sonia!! I can't wait for you to move back.
And, thanks for tagging me. I don't think there are even 7 interesting things about me. It may take me a while to think of 'em.
Alicia
Alright, Sonia I have posted my Tag out on our website!
Enjoy!
Post a Comment