Yesterday, I awoke with a bit of a cough and not much of a voice. Being ever optimistic, as you all know I am, I figured it was just allergies. As the day went on, I began to get a little more concerned. I was sitting watching t.v. with the kids before dinner, and before I knew it, my voice was practically gone. I would laugh and all you'd hear was squealing. I mean, I sounded like a baby pig, squealing away with laughter. Adam Jr. said, "mom you really don't sound too good!" That's when I knew it was about to get ugly.
This morning I had an appointment with my doctor for a fibromyalgia recheck. The fibromyalgia has been kept under control, pretty much, so I wasn't too concerned. The problem was, all night I kept coughing and by the time I got to my appointment, my voice was completely gone. So of course, I had the doctor check that out, and wouldn't you know it, I have bronchitis again! Well, now you know why I asked if I was being punk'd. I think my friend Julie is right, this house is definitely cursed!
I'm really bummed though, because I was supposed to go out to dinner with some of my friends to celebrate my friend Wendy's birthday tonight. Seeing as I never do ANYTHING, I was totally stoked! I never have plans, and I finally did!!! Too bad I couldn't actually make it to the dinner! I'll just sit at home and pout! The doctor won't let me go outside, again! He's afraid I'll end up with pneumonia again. So once again, I got the shot, another round of steroids and another round of antibiotics. Oh, and of course, I get to do multiple breathing treatments at home! Whoo hoo! I am a lucky girl! The doctor even asked me if I'd been outdoors more than usual. Nope, in fact, I've stayed in more than usual, so I could avoid getting sick again! He also asked, "do you normally get sick this much in the spring?" To which I responded, "nope, I haven't had issues with asthma or other lung related maladies in years. Well, until I moved here, and then bam, I get sick every other week. And by the way, I've never been "normal," so asking me if something "normally" happens to me is kind of pointless!" Okay, so I didn't say that about the whole "normally" thing, but I definitely thought it and giggled to myself. Between coughing and wheezing that is! He did however say, "well, either you're having bad luck, or you're cursed!" He giggled, I wasn't amused!!! Anyway, I'm hoping to get better soon, at least before my head explodes from all the pressure building up in it. Oh, and one more thing, I have fluid in my ears which is making me have severe vertigo. I haven't been this dizzy since last week, lol! Actually, I was born a little dizzy, but not in the sense that the room seems like it's spinning, more like I can be a little dingy at times. Right now though, it's the dizzy that makes the room spin. I almost fell off the scale at the doctors office, and no, it wasn't an attempt to skip the whole weight thing. Not that I'm opposed to skipping it, lol! Obviously I get a little wordy when I'm sick too, so I better go.
Oh, one last thing. Avery and Aidan were just playing in their room and I kept hearing hammering. So, I go to check on them and I ask Avery, "what in tar nation are you doing, little girl?" Okay so maybe I didn't say it like that, but I wanted to make it slightly more interesting. And, she replies, "We're just building and fixing things." So I tell them to be careful, try not to break anything, or make a mess, yadda yadda yadda. The usual. Well a few minutes later, they emerge from the room and Avery screams, "bus driver, MOVE THAT BUS!" Ha ha ha! We watch way too much t.v. She did however say it was our house they did the make-over on. Considering this is probably the closest we'll ever get to Extreme Makeover Home Edition, coming to our house for a remodel, I hope she put in hospital grade ventilation, lol!!!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Am I being PUNK'D?
Posted by Sonia at 2:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
You poor girl! I hope you get feeling better.
I tell you, where you live is bad for your health...should have stayed up north...me too I think!
Well, you and Angela should just pack up and head back up here! We would love to have you!
Seriously, I think that maybe you should consider moving to a dryer climate.
Like Arizona or New Mexico.
I have heard that the dryer climates are better for your Aches and Pains.
There may be just a little too much humidity for you to handle.
Kim
Hey better yet maybe you should move to Denver. We are still planning on going there sometime in the future because we know thats where we should be. I know that Adam said he would move there if they opened that market.
Isn't Denver kind of wet and cold?
I was thinking of Sonia's health, not job opportunities.
Anyway, Sonia take care of your self, Girl friend! :-)
Sonia you need to disinfect your house top to bottom!!! :) I am sorry that you are so sick. Get better soon!!!!
Sonia I hope you get better. I wish we lived closer so I could help ya in some way.
Maybe you should check into an allergist see if that wouldn't stop all the crazyness.
Post a Comment