CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 8, 2008

Another day, another three hour trip to the bank!

Let me ask you a question. Why does it take so dadgum long to get children ready to go ANYWHERE? Let's see, I started getting Aidan ready at about 9:30. I chased him down to change his diaper and get him dressed. Then as soon as I go to throw away his diaper, he's off and running again. So there I go chasing him with the detangling spray in one hand and the comb in the other. Hmm...I only think I'm not exercising, when in fact, I get a good work-out chasing little rascals all day! Can't you just see it? Me running after Aidan, asking him to slow down, and him running as fast as he can laughing, from my room, to the living room, to the kitchen, and back again to the living room! I finally catch him and by 10:00 a.m. Aidan's done and Avery's next. Well, here we go again! Only she's a little more tricky and a lot faster than her "hasn't quite mastered the art of running," little brother. Plus, she is full of excuses. No mom, "let me finish my cereal," the one she hasn't touched since about 9:oo a.m. and she asked me to leave on the table, "just incase," she gets hungry AGAIN. Then it's "mom, please just let me finish playing store. I just have a cart full of things left to buy. It'll only take a minute, I promise!" "Fine!" I say, under my breath and a little annoyed! So, I go and fold a load of laundry and come back to Avery, who has now moved onto another activity, and is definitely not going to stop drawing. So, I hesitantly take away her notepad and tell her she can finish in the car. That wasn't so bad, she went for it! Yippie, finally! But if we were to tally the score, it'd be something like: Mom 1, Kids 4. Sad, but true none the less! Anywho, I get Avery to put her clothes on and I go get the detangler, comb, hairband and hairspray for her hair. I come out, and once again a chase ensues! I'm not kidding. Although, this time it was a different route. Living room, to her room, to dining room, to kitchen, back to living room, up the stairs, and finally, she's caught. I fix her hair and what do you know, we're ready to go!!! FINALLY!!! UNTIL...I am momentarily paralyzed by the stench of my youngests diaper. What the heck did he eat last night, I need to make a mental note to NEVER give him that again! So, now you see why we didn't leave until about 11:30. I took them to the bank, and then to get some lunch, so that when we got back home I could sit them down to eat and rest for a minute before chasing Aidan down for his nap. I finally got that moment of peace at 12:45, when I sat down to eat my lunch! When I saw the time, I nearly fainted. So much to do today, and it's already half over? All I did was go to the bank! Well, all I know is I'm so glad I didn't have to go to the Mall or the grocery store. Could you imagine, I wouldn't be home until dinner time! Oh, the horror!!! So, my rest time is up and I have to get Aidan down for his nap! Final score, Mom still only 1, kids probably about 15. It's ON now, watch out Aidan, here I come!!!! Let the games begin!!!

1 comments:

The Ollila's said...

It is crazy how long it takes to get everybody ready and out the door for such a simple errand. That is why most of my days are spent not being cleaned up and the kids look like orphans. it is so much easier to go "AS IS" and be done with it. It is hard to have everyone bathed and dressed, hair combed, shoes, socks...everything. Mornings are crazy enough. I guess it makes our days more exciting....and it gave you something fun to write about on your blog.

Samantha is really missing her best friend. Hope to see you soon.