CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No worries, Adam Sr. is still around!!!

I just realized this afternoon that I haven't said much, if anything, about Adam Sr. It's not that I mean to exclude him from all of my posts, it's just that he's usually not around when the crazy, note worthy stuff happens. Plus, had I mentioned him last week, it probably wouldn't have been very nice! He was out-of-town for Valentine's Day, the first time EVER, and I wasn't too happy about that. On a positive note, he did manage to have chocolate and flowers delivered on Thursday. If he hadn't, I would've been TICKED...although, I'd like to think it really wouldn't have bothered me! I'm not one for wasting money on such needless things, especially on a "holiday" I don't really consider a "holiday!" But, I'm pretty sure if Thursday had come and gone, with no candy and/or flowers, scratch that, no candy AND no flowers, it would be on like Donkey Kong, if you know what I'm saying!!! So, I'm glad that didn't happen, and I'm sure Adam's even more thankful to have not forgotten! Not as thankful as he is for anti-depressants, but pretty darn close. He is doing well however, and he continues to travel off and on as needed for work. I'd like to say I'm getting used to it, but I'm not, so why lie?

Oh, has anyone seen those commercials where the people are saying things that have absolutely no meaning, and are completely random. I'm not even sure what they are advertising. Well, on one of them, a man says, "What the french toast!" And for some reason, that line really spoke to me! See, Adam Jr. has been saying "What the crud," lately, and we all know what he's trying to say. But I figure, it could be worse, and he's usually saying it to the computer if it freezes up, or his homework if something seems pointless...you know, inanimate objects. But, what's funny to me is the fact that he says it one hundred times a day. So, back to my original story. When I saw that commercial, I decided I was going to start saying "what the french toast," for no reason at all, to see if Adam Jr. noticed how annoying it is to hear someone say the same thing over and over for no good reason. Boy was that a bad idea! All I did was cause Adam Jr. to laugh at my new catch phrase, and I gave myself a new bad habit that is sure to take months to break! What the french toast am I going to do now? Plus, I'm pretty sure Avery is going to decide to repeat what I've been saying at the worst possible moment, because that my friends is what 3 year olds do!!! Yea me!!! Another example of how NOT to parent! I repeat, NEVER do anything that I mention on this blog as a type of learning exercise on my children. It will more than likely fail miserably and I will not be held responsible. If anything, I will be forced to say, "I told you so!" And I do hate to say that! Just ask Adam Sr. I HATE to be right, too bad I always am, lol!!!

1 comments:

Julie said...

My husband seems to be gone at the worst times too.......like when someone pulls a hamstring and needs crutches, when kids are throwing up in the middle of the night, etc