Well, I don't have much to report on, I'm sorry to say! It's been a slow couple of days, and I guess I can't expect my kids to do entertaining things on a daily basis! Although, it does seem like everyday is an adventure. I should note however, that Aidan has become quite a dancer/singer. Mostly it's humming and swaying, but it's still cute. He has this dog that sings "Hey diddle, diddle," and he loves to sing along with it. I know he's singing it because he hums along to the right notes. Just because he doesn't know how to say the words yet, doesn't seem to keep him from learning the right notes. He obviously has a great ear!!! Oh, and his rhythm is phenominal! You should see him sway to the beat! It's very cute! He also loves to sing along to whatever song I make up! All I have to do is hold out a note, and he's right there with me! On pitch, with his mouth wide open! It's very impressive!
Oh, I do have a quick story to tell. The Adam's went on a camp-out this past week-end, so Avery and I were invited to dinner at a friends house for a "girls night!" Well, since Aidan is only 1, he was allowed to join the festivities. We had so much fun! We had dinner and then just hung out at my friend Julie's house. Well, Avery was upstairs playing with the other girls and Aidan and I made ourselves at home, at the kitchen table, near the food, of course!!! Let's just say Aidan made himself "very comfortable!" See, we were situated right next to the vegetable tray and dip, and apparently Aidan doesn't understand the "no double-dipping" rule. He also managed to suck on every carrot, celery, bell pepper, etc..., that he could get his tiny little hands on. But, after he dipped it in the dip a few times, he'd trade in that veggie for another. By trading in, I mean he just put the veggie he'd just sucked on right back on the tray! Oh my gravy!!! Talk about embarrassing. I promise I do teach my kids manners. So what if my daughter burps at a tea-party and my son "double-dips," and licks veggies. They do manage to say "excuse me!" Well, at least Avery does. Aidan, I have to apologize for! I guess it could be worse, right? Please tell me it could be worse! Wow did I get off the subject though! Originally I was going to tell you about something else that happened that night. Avery learned a new dance move. It was so cute! Saturday morning Avery announces to me and Aidan that she has to show us her new dance. So, she gets herself all situated on the coffee table and says, "everyone get ready, this is the new dance that Jade and Emily taught me!" Then she starts to shake her little hiney, not in a vulgar way, and it was just the cutest thing!!! She's been doing it ever since, and I'm still not tired of it! So thanks Jade and Emily, and thanks to Julie and Naomi for looking the other way, as my son licked every vegetable and put it back! So embarrassing! I'm sure I'll have more entertaining stories soon, but for now, I should probably go to sleep!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Nothing new!
Posted by Sonia at 8:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
How funny! You need to post some pics of Aiden so I can see him. Tarin asked me the other day if she could double dip something...I was mostly proud that she knew what double dipping was....Crazy kids.
Post a Comment