You are not going to believe what happened to me today! My little angels actually took a nap at the SAME TIME!!! Can you believe it? I was soo excited, you would've thought I won the lottery! So what did I do with my new found freedom. Well, first I finished some laundry, then I checked my e-mails and replied to them immediately after reading them!!! Which is amazing because I can NEVER reply right after reading my e-mails. There are stages to reading and replying to e-mail when your a busy stay-at-home mom. You know, first you check them while you are putting the dishes away and loading the dishwasher since the laptop is on the kitchen counter. Then you leave for a few hours to do whatever activity your children want to do to keep them happy. Then your return to your e-mails and answer them in the order you recieved them, i.e. first in my inbox, first to get a response from crazy mom with three kids and medication. Unless of course, the e-mail has to do with taxes in which case my accountant comes first, lol!!! Then you leave for a few more hours and the cycle starts again. So today, I was able to e-mail everyone back in one mad e-mailing frenzy!!! Then I organized a few cabinets and made a few phone calls to schedule random appointments. Then I thought, what the french toast! I should be napping, duh!!! So, I grab a pillow and a blanket and curl up on the couch. It was the perfect afternoon for a nap. It was raining and cloudy and a little cold, in my opinion, perfection. So just as I close my eyes...it happens. My stinkin' mind won't quit thinking. It's just racing and racing with thoughts of a million things I should be doing instead of napping. And then the guilt hits. "What kind of mother takes a nap when her kids do instead of doing things that need to be done. Like cleaning bathrooms, mopping the floors, things I can't do when the littlest one is awake since he likes to slide on the wet floor? Seriously, I need to get up and do something other than waste precious time trying to nap unsuccessfully! Okay, it's been four minutes, get up already! Then your crazy thoughts will just be your usual crazy thoughts that you have but can't focus on because you're too busy doing things!" So, I get up and get back to work. Oh well, at least I was able to accomplish things in a quiet enviroment, which was actually kind of nice. I wonder if I could get lucky two days in a row? I guess I'll have to just wait and see! By the way, the same thoughts consume me at night as well so going to sleep is not one of my specialties. Don't say it! I already know, I've got some major issues!!!! Did I ever mention the fact that I'm a middle child. I do believe this has something to do with my "issues!" But, I can say it's not my parents fault. They were great! I'm completely responsible for all of my obsessions. I just think my birth order didn't help!!! Although, if I was first-born or the baby of the family I'm not really sure I'd be much different!!! I guess we'll never know!!!!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Naps are mandatory when you have sleeping kids. Didn't you learn that already????
You need to give yourself a break and take a nap! A refreshed mommy is a more patient mommy! (at least, at my house!)
Post a Comment