I am so tired of packing and cleaning! There are stacks of boxes all over this house! The good thing about moving is you get to go through all of your stuff and get rid of the things you no longer need! Let me tell you, we donated a TON of stuff, clothes, toys, housewares, the list goes on and on. Then the things we didn't think anyone could use, we just trashed. On trash day our front lawn was practically covered in trash! In bags that is, not just thrown all over the lawn. I'm sure our garbage men loved us. Btw, is it still pc to say garbageman, or are we supposed to say garbage people? Well, they were all male anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter this time, lol! Anywho, we had the Purple Heart people come pick-up our donations yesterday and our entire front porch was covered in boxes and bags. It felt so good to get rid of all that stuff. Cleansing, really! I have to say I was most excited about the fact that I wouldn't have to unpack all those unnecessary things when we got to the new house! Ahhh...heaven.
I am however, extremely tired of cleaning, putting boxes together, wrapping things in bubble wrap or paper, and then taping up boxes. It's a never ending process! Especially when you have an almost 4 year old, and an almost 2 year old, following you around unpacking the boxes you just packed. They always manage to do that in the two seconds it takes for me to get the tape that's on top of something high , so they can't reach it. Those kids are methodical I tell you! Anyways, we leave on Friday afternoon so I've got to get going on the packing. I'm pretty much done, which is awesome, but we'll still have to clean prior to leaving Friday afternoon. So, today I have to somehow figure out how to pack a few more toys without them noticing and leave out just enough clothes to get us through Saturday. Then tomorrow, we get to finish packing whats left and then do some cleaning, so Friday there's really only a little dusting, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, and a bathroom left to clean. I think I can make it happen. I do however have a two broken nails that are in desperate need of repair, and I totally have to make it into the salon before I leave. Not to mention, after ALL the work I've done, I deserve a pedicure too. Yes, Adam has helped. But really, he took care of the garage and packing his clothes and some electronics. Adam Jr. and his friend Kyle did AJ's room and cleaned the upstairs baseboards and doors for me. I however did everything else. I sooo deserve some "me" time. I've been having to take Ambien at night lately to fall asleep, because I can't turn my mind off and my body hurts so bad that it's impossible to get comfortable. So, I need a little help. Well, apparently last night I told Adam Sr., as I was drifting into la la land, that I wanted some chocolate covered strawberries and bananas from Edible Arrangements because I deserve it. I don't even remember telling him that. I did however wake up craving chocolate? When I told Adam about it, he told me what happened. I must be subconsciously craving one of those Edible Arrangements, because I keep seeing the commercials and the fruit looks soo yummy, especially the ones with chocolate covering them. The commercials made me so hungry yesterday, I looked up the website, just to see how much one of those suckers cost. Let me just say, they are a little pricey...but, I TOTALLY deserve it, lol!!!
I'm not sure how much I'll be able to blog in the next few days, with all the packing and cleaning. I will blog as soon as I possibly can though, seeing as I just LOVE to talk to myself, lol! If I don't see you before I leave, goodbye friends. I'll miss you. I am going to try to see some of you before I leave, but you know me. I get so busy and before I know it, it's time to go! I really do have the best of intentions though! Plus, tomorrow I have one last visit with my psychiatrist. You didn't think I'd leave without having enough meds to get me through the next month did you? Off to pack I go!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Moving, ugh!
Posted by Sonia at 11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Hope you can get everything packed and ready to go. I can't even clean my house without McKayla going behind me and undoing it all I can't imagine packing and having two follow my tracks :) Good luck with everything and we can't wait to see your new place!
I am calling you today to see what I can do to help. You are doing an amazing job...all on your own. BTW thank you for all of your sweet posts on my blog. I always can count on you to have something sweet to say. I love you and wish you the best of luck. :-) Alyssa
We can't wait for you to get here. Samantha has been asking all day if she can call Avery. Samantha needed Avery here 2 days ago. We can't wait to have her around to play. Call us when you get here!! Good luck with packing and all that annoying moving stuff. You have done it so much you are a true pro at it :)
Alicia
I dont admire you at all! We still havent unpacked all the way from our move a month ago!!! One reason might be not having enough room for all of our stuff, and we got rid of allot too! Plus now we will be having to get Ashlyn toys...what more toys??? ahhh where to put them...anyways...have fun and I am hoping to be down in arlington on monday so maybe I can swing by to say hi! Maybe help unpack a box for you, or at least entertain Aidan and Avery ok have them entertain me! Love ya'll and be safe!
I hope your move went okay! I'm sorry I didn't get to come by before you left. We decided to go out of town. Keep in touch!
Post a Comment