Okay, so I know there are LOTS of people out there who think that there is no such thing as luck. Well, I would like to STRONGLY DISAGREE!!!! If you haven't noticed by my tone, I am a little annoyed about the subject. That's why there are words in all caps. It's for emphasis, people! Now, let me explain. There are people in this world who have extremely good luck. Example, my second oldest sister. I have two of them. Anyways, I don't think there's a drawing she's entered that she didn't win. I'm not joking. A few examples would be, at my Dad's work picnic she won $75 on scratch off tickets they gave us. Me, I got nothing! Another would be, when we were at a bridal show, right before MY wedding, and she won a bed. A queen size bed. What's the deal? Again, I got nothing. There are several more, but, I'm becoming more bitter as I type, so in order to not get totally bummed, I'm going to move on. Next, we have your usual some good/some bad luck people. My oldest sister, and my little brother would fall under that category. You know, every once in awhile something great happens, and every once in awhile something not so great happens. I could probably live with that, it doesn't sound too bad. But then you have the last category. You know, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any! That's TOTALLY me! Seriously! I'll give you a few examples. First, did you read above about me not winning anything at the stupid bridal show? They gave away like a million things, apparently there were 1 million and 1 people there, and I was the one that went home empty handed! No big deal in the grand scheme of things, I just thought I'd mention that, I'm feeling a little resentment coming on! Really, it could've been worse, I could've gotten a ticket on the way home, which really wouldn't have surprised me! Let me give you an actual example though, just so you don't think I make this stuff up! So, I'm at school my freshman year at UTA, and I'm in my professors office, letting him know I'm dropping the class. I told him it was because I was just too busy, but the reality was he was a miserable teacher and I had no earthly idea what he was talking about on a daily basis. Funny, considering he taught HISTORY! Anyways, he sucked! He told me that life was about choices and being busy and setting priorities, and yadda yadda yadda! I stood there nodding my head in agreement, trying to act like I cared what he had to say. So after his five hour lecture on why I shouldn't drop his class, like he gets commission on the students in his class, I headed for my car. Huh, what's that on my windshield. Did someone leave me a note? How nice, someone's trying to find me! I wonder if it's Adam? NOPE...it's a ticket. Get this....for "PARKING THE WRONG WAY!" WHAT IS THAT? Seriously, a month I'd been parking in this parking lot, that same way, and all of a sudden it's illegal! WHATEVER!!!! Who gets tickets for that? I'll tell you who, ME, that's who! Oh, but we're just getting started. Next, my wedding day! Supposed to be the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE, right? Well it would've been, if I didn't get bronchitis. Yup, you read it right! I was fine until Adam and me are at the altar and I start having a cough attack. The priest finally asks the altar boy to bring me some water! How embarrassing! Don't worry, it gets better! At the reception I start feeling a little warm and dizzy. I'm thinking I was probably just hot because of the dress, and all the people, the excitement. Nope, it's the middle of December, I'm normally as cold as an icicle. Seriously, my nails and hands are always purple! Anyways, I'm getting progressively worse, and by the time we finish with the reception I inform Adam that I need to go to the doctor. We go to an urgent care center, I'm running a fever and diagnosed with bronchitis. Oh, and I get a wonderful shot! We get to the hotel, I fall asleep almost instantly and awaken to what I think is my sisters newly adopted puppy needing to go out to pee! I wake Adam up to let Patches out, and he informs me I'm "delirious!" SWEET!!!! Way to go Sonia! Adam's one lucky guy to have married you! Okay, so you are probably seeing what I'm talking about now! I have to clarify, btw, that I have "bad" luck, not "tragically bad" luck! The difference being that the bad things that happen to me are just "unfortunate," not "tragic!" Believe me, I know it could be worse, and I'm grateful it's not! I'd much rather "bad" luck, than "tragically bad" luck. I hope that makes sense! I just felt the need to vent. This is what happened to me today to make me reflect on this. I was outside painting a shelf for Avery, a shelf that I've had since before she was born. I figured I better paint it now, or it will still be on my never-ending to-do list when she graduates from college! So, it's beautiful outside! The sun is shining, there's not a cloud in the sky, awesome! Great time to paint. Well, I start to paint and am almost done, then I realize there's a section about 12" in width and height that still needs to be painted, but guess what. I'm out of paint! No biggie, I'll just buy more tomorrow! So, I pick up all my supplies and feel a drop on my arm. I think...it's got to be my imagination, there's not a cloud in the sky! WRONG-O! It starts to rain, lightly, but raining none the less! What's up with that? Then, some dude comes over to "re-stretch" our carpet upstairs, that has major hills in it! Hills, mind you, that could really hurt someone, if they tripped on it! I should know, it happened to me! Of course it did! So,, anyways, the guy uses some kind of glue or something that smells like a cross between a men's locker room and burning plastic! Don't ask how I know about the scent of a men's locker room! Let's just say sometimes it's more fun to take a dare than to tell the boring truth! I'm not really supposed to talk about it! Anyways, the stench makes my head start to hurt! Not fun! Then, Avery and Aidan decide to ignore every single request I make, and do whatever they please! Not to mention, they eat pretty much every five minutes, so I'm constantly feeding and cleaning up after them. Avery doesn't nap anymore, and Aidan only napped for 45 minutes, so my headache turned into a full on migraine! Whoo hoo, lucky me! So, this is what inspired my post tonight! Just needed to vent a little, and remind myself that tomorrow is a new day, and sometimes "bad" luck happens! So, have a great night! I'm off to watch So You Think You Can Dance! I hope they don't get rid of Twitch! He's one of my faves, well, him and Katie!!!!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
very interesting post! :) it got me thinking which category I am in. I would say the sometimes good / sometimes bad luck. Just remind me not to stand by you when its lightening outside... we both might get struck HAHA!! :) I love you even if you do have bad luck!
Post a Comment