CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm a total LOSER!!!

I'm a loser baby, so why don't ya kill me...that Beck song has become my anthem lately! I have to post a serious blog for a change, so if you're not interested, you might want to skip this post. So, here's the deal, on July 12th, we will be moving back to the DF/W area. I am so excited to be close to all my family and friends again. But, I have to apologize to the friends I've made here. There aren't many, but they all have a special place in my heart. When we first moved down here, I was struggling with PPD. Not that it's completely gone, but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be! Anyways, with that I really struggled with being social. I had a heck of a time trying to convince myself to get out there and make friends. It was not easy! But there were a few people who didn't give up on me and would invite me to playgroups, lunch, dinner, etc., and sometimes I would actually go! Looking back now, and without trying to make excuses for myself, I realize I really SUCK as a friend. I rarely, if ever, invited people to do things with me and I really closed myself off from society! Seriously, I'm such a total loser. I missed out on so many opportunities just because I couldn't motivate myself to "suck it up,' and just, "get better!" It was just so much easier for me to sit at home by myself with my kids. And because of this, I am sooo sorry to all of you who tried to pull me out of my shell! I was such a lousy friend to you all and I feel like you guys got the short end of the stick with me! So to my friends here in Katy, thanks for being my friends and I'm going to REALLY miss you!!! And I'm sooo sorry that I'm such a loser!!! I hope this makes sense and maybe with this post, someone can learn from my mistakes. I'm sure there will be more to come! I'm pretty good at making them, lol!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

It's always a challenge when moving not to look back and have some regrets. There are bound to be relationships that you wish that you had cultivated or put more effort into. The great thing is that you still have the opportunity to stay friends and keep in touch even when miles away. Don't worry or apologize. You were going through some struggles, just feel blessed and know that all those who reached out where really Heavenly Father's way of telling you that you are never alone and that he was mindful of you during your time in Katy. Hope you stay in touch! You are wonderful.

Julie said...

You're so NOT a loser. We're going to miss your family though.

Sonia said...

Thanks! You both have been so great to me and I'm really going to miss you!