So, we made it back to Mansfield safe and sound, with only a few incidents. Late moving truck, late delivery of our stuff, flat tire, among other things. Anyways, we are in our leased house now, and we're making progress on the unpacking. It should only take a few more months to get it all done, just in time to do it again once we find a house we want to buy. I know, you are totally jealous of us! It's soo much fun to move! The packing, the cleaning, the organizing. Ahh...it's like spring cleaning, only better! I'm sooo being facetious! Just thought I'd let everyone know we are here, and should be ready for visitors any day now! Maybe, lol!!! I do want to give a shout out to all my friends in Katy, you know who you are! Sorry if I didn't get to say "goodbye" to you, I really did try, but there just wasn't enough time. By the way, Kristin, Happy late Birthday. I suck as a visiting teaching companion, I had it written on my calender to call you, but I didn't manage to open my planner during the time I was getting ready to move. So, I'm sooo sooo sorry! To those of you I did get a chance to see, thank you for stopping by to see us off. It meant a lot to us! All of you ROCK, whether I saw you or not!!!! If you're ever in the D/FW area, let us know. You are always welcome to stay with us! Oh, and Julie, please give Kyle a special shout out for me. He helped us so much with packing, cleaning and babysitting. You didn't realize we had him over to work did you? He was awesome. If it wasn't for Kyle and AJ, a lot of stuff wouldn't have gotten done, and I would've had to re-pack boxes Avery and Aidan unpacked, several more times. We'll really miss you guys!
We are very happy to be home, but I haven't gotten a chance to see my family much yet. I've seen my sister Veronica, thank heavens, Summer and Toby. My parents are out of town, and my sister Claudia was out of town with her hubby and kids, but they're back now. So, hopefully I'll see them soon! My brother's been working, but I'm sure I'll see him this weekend. Adam's mom stopped by tonight for a few minutes. The rest of his family, I'm sure we'll see soon. I also managed to see several of my friends. Thanks Alicia for inviting me to April's open house. It was so great to see you and Emily. Then I saw so many of my friends at April's I was close to tears. My heart just filled with joy! It was so wonderful! Have I ever told you guys how much I LOVE MANSFIELD? I'm sure now that we're getting settled we'll be calling more of our friends. Leave it to me to pack my address book and not remember where I put it! Duh!!! Oh, and it gets better, there are NO PHONEBOOKS in this house. I tried the Internet, but it takes so stinkin' long. Our cables running a bit slow right now, so I need to check that out! Any who, I'm sure I'll have more to say as the unpacking continues, but for now, I need to go see if we have any food in the fridge, I'm a little hungry. Wait...nope, nothing there! I haven't quite made it to the grocery store yet. Hmm....we do have milk and cereal. We should be good for a few more days, lol!!!!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Okay, I'm starting to see the light!
Posted by Sonia at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Glad you made it safely. I drove by your house Saturday late afternoon, and your hoop/trampoline were still sitting on the driveway. Remind me to not get your moving company!
I'm so glad you made it! If you ever run into my sister-in-law (Marsha Christensen) tell her hi from me!
I'm glad you guys made it safely. Jeff will miss having Adam in his class. Good luck with the unpacking!
Sonia my kids are driving me crazy wanting to see you guys. If you want help unpacking let me know. I totally feel your pain with the unpacking. I still haven't managed to unpack the rest of the boxes in my garage since our move. Can't wait to see you guys. Come over or be prepared for inpromtu visitors. But we will bring goodies.....;)
SO JEALOUS! You have no idea!
Post a Comment