CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Remember that post about luck?

Let me give you a rundown of my last few hours. Well, it started with AJ and Avery racing around the living room on Aidan's toy cars, being as loud as they can be! I kept telling them to hush, because Aidan had only been asleep for an hour, and I still had stuff to do. Guess who couldn't be quiet and woke up the little sleeping angel. You guessed it, AJ and Avery. Even though I kept telling them to stop and settle down, they ignored me! It's not uncommon, it happens daily. Their father is quite good at ignoring me when I'm talking to him as well, so the apple didn't fall far from the tree on that one. But that's a story for another time, my friends. Stay with me, it gets better! Adam's been out of town and is supposed to get home tonight at 6. Guess what, you got it...his flight was delayed. Whoo hoo! He calls me at 5:15 and tells me they're having issues with a light or a fan or something, anyways, it'll take anywhere from half an hour to an hour to repair. GREAT! Just what I need, more alone time with the children who think I'm invisible. Oh, and then there is the fact that I have no more groceries in the house, and can't go to the store because I have a flat tire, that I discovered this morning. So, what to do for dinner? Well, it wasn't going to be too big of a deal, Adam was going to stop at the store on the way home! We would've just had a late dinner. No biggie, it's not unusual for us to eat late, we try to wait for Adam Sr. to get home from work! Well, now that could be 8:30 and by the time I cook, forget about it! So, I guess it'll be cereal, again, not an unusual occurrence, I'm just not really in the mood for cereal...AGAIN! Oh, and did I mention the popcorn I just finished burning in the microwave. I'm not used to this one yet! So, we should be enjoying the smell of burnt popcorn way into the middle of next week. You know how long that nasty smell lingers! So, as you can see, nothing tragic, just not "good!" Ahh....the joys of motherhood, and bad luck! Will someone please get me my Xanax! Make that two! It's going to be a LONG night!

5 comments:

Karen said...

You are too funny...you always make the most frustrating situations sound hilarious.

Heather said...

Hey you know your not in Katy anymore. I was out just looking for something to do. CALL ME next time.I can even change tires! I could have brought over pizza. But I will say we do have fend for yourself night at our house where cereal is a natural occurance for dinner. hang in there.

Julie said...

You mean that's NOT a typical day for you? That's pretty par for the course around here...especially when Greg's gone. Dinner is usually cereal or maybe french toast if I'm feeling gourmet!

Sonia said...

Julie, you crack me up! Heather, thanks for the offer, and Karen, I'm sooo happy you think I'm funny. Everyone else just thinks I'm crazy, lol!

Tiffany said...

Hey, I just burnt some popcorn last night also! You're right, the smell totally lingers...yuck. I think the fact that you can find such a great way to make a hard day sound funny is awesome!