Well, I have so much to talk about but sadly, it hurts to talk. So, it's a good thing I have this blog! First of all, I am excited about the new direction our country is going in. I may not agree with President Obama on everything, but the fact that he is president is something cool that we will have gotten to experience first hand! Plus, I think the President and his wife make a cute couple and their kids are adorable, so isn't that all that matters. So good luck to you, Mr.President and your family!!!! I would've posted something about the inauguration sooner...but I had oral surgery that morning, and really didn't feel like it! Plus, politics really isn't my thing, can you tell?
Next, I should warn everyone within a couple miles of us, Avery has strep throat. And considering Adam Jr. gets strep if someone just mentions it in his presence, I'm guessing he's next! And poor Aidan, he has to do everything his big brother and sister do, so he's probably headed down that same dark road! Avery is starting to feel better now though, so yea for me! She's back to her old demanding diva self! In fact, that's how I knew she was sick. She wasn't asking for things every five seconds. She just wanted to sit on the sofa with me! Another clue, she usually wants her Daddy! Anyways, she's back to normal, and I'm just waiting, hoping that the others don't get it too!
Now for my surgery, yes I had my oral surgery done Tuesday! Yes, it hurt! Yes, it still hurts! No, I can't talk! No, I can't eat anything except soft foods! Yes, that stinks, because soft food isn't fun food! Yes, the pineapple juice helped with the bleeding and swelling, thanks Taylor and Candra. No, I didn't bruise, but it sure feels like it! Yes, my face is swollen, but only slightly and you can only tell when I smile, which I don't do, because it hurts! Yes, I do get the sutures taken out soon, all fourteen of them! They will come out on Tuesday. No, I'm not allowed to lift my lip to show off my sutures. It's in the rules. No, I can't drink carbonated drinks or drink from a straw...also in the rules. I can however take pain meds as needed, per the rules. Nope, haven't had any today...had to drive my son to school and pick him up, didn't want to do that under the influence. So ibuprofen is my new best friend. Although, she's really not the best...I still hurt! Did I mention the antibiotics they have me on upset my stomach? Hmmm...maybe I could lose a few pounds while I'm recovering. Yeah right, and then I could win a million dollars!!!! Anyways, looking forward to not having surgery the rest of 2009. At least I hope!!!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
So much to say!!!
Posted by Sonia at 3:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm glad to hear that the pineapply juice worked!! Good luck with the recovery and we'll keep our fingers crossed that Adam Jr. and Aidan escape strep throat!
Good luck with your recovery! Hope no one else gets sick at your house!!
Post a Comment