Yes...finally a day off! Adam didn't have school today because of the ice covering the roads. It took Adam Sr. about 3 hours to get to work today, so I'm guessing it will be a late night getting home as well! The rest of us are just hanging out. I'm still not feeling so great, but I'm getting better. Aidan and Avery both seem to be fine, so I'm hoping the Strep is on it's way out of here. Still waiting on Adam Jr., hoping he doesn't get it! It's no fun! The headache is what has tortured me the most this time around. You just can't function when your head is throbbing, you know! So, I'm just going to be lazy today, and try to keep the children busy. That way I can finish recovering and tomorrow when two of the three kids are in school, I can get some errands done, that I've needed to do since last week! Gotta love how stuff just piles up while you recover. I wish I could just push a button, like on the Staples commercials, and be done with everything.
Oh, I should fill you in on a few of the wonderful things that happened to me yesterday. The day that all three kiddos were in school, at least for a short time. The day started out fantastic with my head pounding, I make the kids their breakfast and manage to break a plate, shattered all over the floor, and then burn my arm on the waffle iron. Great start to my day...but being the year of positive thinking, I didn't let it get me down. Well, I rush to shower, get Avery and Aidan ready for school, thankfully Adam took AJ to school. While I'm in the shower, I manage to get soap in my eye. That hasn't happened in years, but for some reason when you're in a hurry, those dumb little accidents happen. I get out, finish getting myself ready, with one eye closed and burning like you couldn't imagine. Did I mention that I rubbed the burn on my arm with the towel as I was drying off! Yeah, it was fabulous! So, anyways, I get Avery ready and Alicia picks her up for school. Thank goodness for Alicia. Next, I'm off to take Aidan to school and then to get my sutures out. I'm sitting in the chair at the endodontists office and she's about to remove my sutures. I tell her about my kids having strep and would the antibiotics she has me on take care of the strep should I get it. I explain my headache, dizziness, nausea, sore throat and she reassures me that the meds should keep the strep at bay and just take Advil and/or Tylenol for the other aches and pains. Then she asks if she can look at my throat, sure I say...and she says yup...I think you've got it too. She has her assistant check my temperature and of course I'm running a fever. The day just keeps getting better. So then she proceeds to remove my sutures and says, "hmmm....these strings are kinda short, did you trim them?" "Me?" I say with a mouthful of hands, "uh, no?" Like, "what, no one told me I could trim them, those suckers have been bugging me all week!" Then she says, "oh I must've done it then, this may be a little uncomfortable, I made the stitches really tight!" "Great!" I say gritting my teeth! She was right, very uncomfortable, but I'm glad it's over. Oh, and it gets better. She also informed me that I have to continue to eat soft foods for TWO MORE WEEKS! "Don't bite down into anything either, because you are still in the healing phase and you could re-open that wound!" Isn't that just wonderful! Then the day went on, kids came home early because of the weather, and Adam didn't get home until about 8:30...so lots of fun for me yesterday. As soon as he got home, I went to bed. I was miserable!!! Just thought you guys would like to see what a day is like for me! The fun never stops! But notice, I'm still being positive and reminding myself, two weeks isn't really that long, right?
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ice Day!!!
Posted by Sonia at 10:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a day Sonia!!! Holy cow. It's days like that that you want to just lay down and cry. I hope tomorrow is good for you :)
Sonia I hope you are feeling better we missed you today.
Post a Comment