Alright, I have to put a positive spin on this one, so here goes. Don't you just love how fortunate you are when your children receive a house full of gifts for Christmas! It's soo wonderful, and the joy in their little faces totally makes up for the process of re-organization that is right around the corner. Yup...time to clean out rooms, closets, under beds, you name it. Time to get rid of the things they no longer play with. The only problem is...how to find time to do it when they won't notice. Avery will have a heart attack if I throw away a happy meal toy, so I have to do it usually that night, so in the morning she will have forgotten about it, but the bigger stuff, the dolls, stuffed animals and infant toys that she's had forever and didn't let me get rid of before, how do I get rid of that and not have Avery go into meltdown mode? Any suggestions? Aidan it doesn't matter, he thinks I'm just putting things in bags to move them to another room, at least he did last time. I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday when she's back in school and Aidan's napping! Btw, what do you guys do with all the extra stuff you need to get rid of to make room for the new. Do you donate it, give it to family/friends? I'm sure I'll have lots of my stuff to get rid of too. Anyone looking for anything specific. Hmm...let me know, and if it's something I'm getting rid of, I'll send it your way! Anyways, I am sooo looking forward to a clean and somewhat organized house! There's nothing better than getting rid of clutter to me! Where's Adam? We've got work to do!!!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Happy Cleaning!! I think it would be best to wait until Avery is in school. I have to do it when McKayla is out of the house as well otherwise she'll start playing with everything I'm trying to clean out! I also donate everything to the DI. I don't know if there is one close to your house but I just make a spot in my room and designate it as the donate pile. Also an idea would be to have a garage sale or to sale things on Craigs list and earn some extra money :) Just some ideas!
Thanks for the ideas! Who knows what I'll find, but if it's worth listing on craigs list or ebay I may just do that.
Usually after my wrecking crew gets through things they're not worth even giving away. But I, too, can only go through things when the kids are away. Ugh. Good luck organizing.
Post a Comment