Well, I have a few questions for anyone able and/or willing to help me out with. First of all, let me just say we had a pretty good weekend with just a little drama in the form of a migraine, but all's well with the Wynne's today! I'm sure you know I'm the one that was blessed with a migraine, but those of you who don't know, Adam Jr. has been known to get them as well, so it could've been him. Thankfully, it wasn't though!!! Aidan is getting a few more teeth, so he's been a little cranky, but he seems better today! Avery is still Avery the diva!
So, here's my first question. Does anyone know where I can get some Lemonade girl scout cookies? Here's the problem, my niece sells them, but she lives in Arlington which is in the D/FW area. Now, I already had her send me three boxes. That's after I had finished the one box I got in January, the first box I ever had! The box that started this Lemonades obsession. Well, my sister-in-law was so kind as to send those out to me as well as four boxes of thin mints to my husband. Okay, here's the problemo! The Lemonades only have about 16 cookies per box, as opposed to the 100 thin mints in each box. Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating, but Adam DID get one extra box, and I DO have to share mine with the two younger children! So, technically, I still need a few more boxes to catch up to the 400 thin mints Adam Sr. got. He's still got two boxes, while I, my dear friends, have nada, zilch, zero!!! So, I'm looking around desperately at grocery stores and the like, where I may be lucky enough to find a girl scout selling Lemonades. Guess what? No luck!!! Plus, the girl scout cookie season is winding down and soon they will be gone until next year. So, if any of you know where I could score some Lemonades, PLEASE, I beg of you, let me know! I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't get more of them. Oh dear, this sounds almost like an addiction to me!!! I better find some help soon!!!
On to question number two. Does anyone know how I would go about starting a non-profit organization. Here's the story behind that. Everyone knows that I've STRUGGLED with post-partum depression, and while I was trying to heal, I thought what better way to heal myself, than by helping others that are struggling through it. Maybe somethings that I went through, or some of the things I learned could help them, or help me to help them. So, I thought what if I was able to start a non-profit that would help women going through post-partum depression, their spouses and their children. It really is something that effects the entire family. What if I was able to raise money to help those who are struggling, get the help they need. Such as, a therapist if needed, someone to help with housework and meal preparation, maybe a nanny to help with other children, etc... Of course, the help would depend on what each individual woman and her family needed. So, maybe keep in contact with the therapist or friend or spouse to evaluate what different services would help each person. I know with my first I probably would've only needed the therapist and maybe help with meal preparation, but as I had more kids and the depression got worse, I would've really benefited from some of the other services. Then, once the mother is feeling up to it, we could treat her to a spa day, to really help her feel better about herself and give her a fresh start. Obviously there would be a lot of research I'd need to do, but I really feel like the women and families of women who are struggling with PPD, are really under served. It's really more common than people think, and while I was researching my disorder I found a lot of disturbing information and it really scared me. Especially the extreme cases that end in death. That really upset me, and I really want to help in some way! I would just hate for another husband or child to lose their mother/wife or even their child because of a disorder that could have been treated. There really should be more education out there about PPD, and I just want to be able to help! So, let me know if you know anything about starting something like this! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Well, I must go check on the little ones! I think I hear them whispering, which can't possibly be good!!!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Just a few questions I have for you!!!
Posted by Sonia at 10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
i may know someone who can help w/ the cookies. Call or e-mail me if you still are looking.
Post a Comment