Well, first of all, I have gotten an email address and a phone number for Selena's agent, so we may have a winner soon. I've emailed him and am waiting for a response. I didn't call since I can't really talk much with the pneumonia, but we'll see what happens.
Now, on to the next contest. I am going to start making and selling some things through my blog. The reason I am doing this is because I'm going to donate as much as possible to a new foundation that I want to start to help out families struggling with Post-Partum depression. I'm sure you've heard what I plan to do. Anyway, even if I only raise a little and can only help one person with one thing, I think it will help with my healing as well. So, a percentage of anything that I sell will go into this yet to be named foundation. I'm still working on that one. I am also working on what percentage will go into the fund, I'll have to see what the items cost to make and of course set a fair price. Then I will go from there, but I'm hoping it'll be substantial. Once I get all those details I'll let you know! In the beginning, I'm going to sell bracelets and hand-made cards, and once I get going, I may add more items. Also, I'm hoping to have some samples to photograph and put on my blog soon, so you can see what they're like.
This is where the contest comes in. I can't decide on a name for my products, so I thought I'd ask for your opinions. I'm going to list several names I like and if you will enter a comment with your selection and name, then I will include you in the contest. You have to leave a comment in order to be entered. The contest ends at 8 a.m. central time, tomorrow, Saturday March 29th. I will take the numbers of all the comments and enter them in a website that selects random numbers and the winner will be selected that way. You don't have to choose the winning name to win, you just have to pick a name. I hope that makes sense. Then tomorrow afternoon, I will select a winner and post their name and the winning name of my company! The prize is a hand-made bracelet and hopefully I'll post a picture of it tomorrow when I announce the winner. Good luck everyone and let me know if you have any questions.
Here are the choices:
~ Sweet Sentiments
~Authentic Arias
~Everyday Blessings
~Hand-made for Hope
~Simply Serene
~Soap Bubble Rainbows
Let me know what you think! By the way, I have several stories saved up for you. One includes the long morning/afternoon I've spent performing surgery on Avery's baby baby. The first surgery was a success, but I think she's still going to need quite a bit of work. Believe me, this story is not to be missed!!!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Second contest...and an update
Posted by Sonia at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
You always continue to amaze me.Especially with you not feeling well and your onto a new project to help someone. My pick is soap bubble rainbows. Just sounds catchy. They are all great names.
Good luck.
Well I want to chime in on this. "Hand-Made For Hope" sounds like a charitable name in itself. That one gets my vote and I have always wanted to start a charity as well. I just don't know how to go about it and how to get funding. I wanted to do something like Injured Workers Foundation- this will help those who had been hurt at work and who are on work comp be able to reach out for funds to help pay bills. Anyway I commend you for what you are doing and I wish you lots of luck.
Oh and please be sure to check out my blogs as there is an update to Jr's Baptism and Ashlyn Blessing Date!
JW
That's such a great idea Jeff! Once I figure out the logistics, I'll pass the info onto you, that way one day you can build your foundation too! Thanks for the vote!!! Oh, and I'll have to check out your blog, thanks for letting me know about it!
Ok I was thinking more like Mad Mom's or Mental Mom's would be nice. But while we go through it I guess we dont have that sense of humor huh?
MMAD ---- MAD MOMS AGAINST DEPRESSION!
Nobody get mad, I am in the middle of this situation and I am "laughing" at myself! :)
Good Luck Sonia, and I know you will be able to help alot of women, heck your blogs help me as it is :)
Thanks for your support Tracy! That's so sweet of you to say! I'll do my best!!!
Post a Comment