Alright, so this is the last time I'm going to bring up the Lemonades, unless by some miracle I am fortunate enough to get my hands on some. As you may have guessed, I still haven't been able to find any. Adam Sr. was is Dallas for the past few days and he too was unable to locate any! So, I'm sad to report, I think I'm out of luck this year. Only eleven months to go until I'm able to get some more. I better prepare and buy A TON of them next year. I'll start saving my pennies now. Or, maybe I should look for a recipe on-line for them, or at least something similar. Nah, that would take too much effort! Adam Sr. just informed me that he thinks they can be bought on e-bay, but seriously...I'm not going to BID on cookies and end up paying massive amounts of money for them. Well, okay maybe I will check it out when I finish this post.
Aidan has had me cracking up a lot lately. He has decided he just wants to talk when no one is paying attention to him. Then, if we are lucky enough to catch him saying something, we giggle and he laughs uncontrollably. For example, Avery and I were reading a book to him about puppies the other day and we kept asking him to say, "puppies." He wouldn't budge, then we'd turn the page and he'd say, "pup-pup!" So, Avery and I would say, "say puppies Aidan." And again, nothing...we'd turn the page and he'd say, "pup-pup!" So Avery and I would just giggle and he'd open his mouth as wide as he can, and laugh like he was being tickled. It was cute. Then, we try to get him to say it for his Dad on the phone, and nothing. I take the phone back and start talking to Adam Sr., and then I hear, "pup-pup!" Crazy kid. Then we're talking about a snowball fight and Aidan shouts out, "snowball!" But again, Adam Jr., Avery and I are the only ones on hand to witness it. So, I think Aidan is just making us look crazy. He's happy to just sit and observe everyone, then when no one is looking, or listening, that's when he makes his move and starts talking up a storm. Kind of like he does when he wakes up in the mornings or after his naps. He can't talk enough, but give him and audience and, fuh-geda-boudit!!!
Adam Jr. has got me going insane. Apparently his school is having a talent show, but he doesn't know when. He wants to be in it, but doesn't know what to sing. So, being the wonderful mom that I am, and did I mention way cool, I offer to help him with his song. And what does he say to me? That's alright, I think I can handle it! So I ask if he wants me to help him pick a song. And what does he say, "I really don't think so, you'd probably make me sing something from Disney and I'd rather not?" What the french toast? So what if I was going to suggest "Bet on It," from High School Musical, it's not like I was suggesting the theme song to the Doodlebops. Thank goodness, those doodles really kind of freak me out, but that's a whole other story! Actually I was thinking of a couple of "cooler" songs too. I never got to mention them to Adam, but I think if he'd listen to my suggestions he may actually consider my choices. Obviously, Justin Timberlake has some great songs I'd suggest, and there are a few others too, John Mayer, Good Charlotte. Sadly, if I do mention them to Adam, he may stop listening to them, just because his mom is a fan. Whateve!!! As long as he doesn't do Danny Noriega's version of "Tainted Love," we should be okay. Not that I have anything against Danny, it's just that song used to be one of my favorite songs and he ruined it for me. He did alright, it was just a little too over the top for me, if you know what I mean. And, I don't mean because he's gay, or at least I'm pretty sure he is, if he's not, my gaydar is way off. Not that it hadn't been before, but that too is a whole other story, that maybe one day if you are lucky, I'll write about. It's just he was a little "too fabulous," for me! BTW, I have absolutely nothing against gay people, in fact if you remember, I totally LOVE Christian from Project Runway!!! He is soooo "fierce!"
I better go, I've said too much and I don't want to fall asleep before checking out e-bay!!! See ya!!!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Still no cookies!
Posted by Sonia at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Don't mention to Adam that they expect a whole song AND dance routine. Some of the kids last year must have spent months with a choreographer. Emily, on the other hand, just got up and sang "Maybe".She didn't make it past the prelims. but she's planning on going to Hollywood when she's 16. Apparently, American Idol awaits.
The school probably wouldn't appreciate him bringing sexy back, but good luck finding another song!!
Good to know, thanks for the information! I had no idea it was sooo involved. Wow! I better get my dancing shoes on, lol!!! Not only would they not appreciate Sexy Back, but I'm thinking they wouldn't find my MC Hammer dance moves very amusing either, ha ha ha!!! Hmm...what to do, what to do?
Post a Comment