Well, Avery has had a baby doll that she affectionately named "Baby Baby," since she was born. Sadly, poor Baby Baby has been through it all. She's been washed more times than I can count. She lost her braids that were on the sides of her head from Avery always rubbing on them to fall asleep. Now, there are only little nubs there for Avery to rub and they are always opening and needing to be re-stitched. Well, a few weeks ago our greatest fear came to fruition. Poor BB's face got a hole in it and all we could see was "gray matter!" Obviously it was technically white cotton, but since I approached it as BB needing surgery to keep the rest of her "brains" from falling out, I thought I'd use the actual medical terminology. Not to mention the fact that I love medicine and am happy to use any of the terms I remember before I let them fade away, lol! Plus, it's always been a dream of mine to be a doctor, so in a way, I'm livin' the dream people!!! Well, the surgery took quite a while in order to repair the damage to her face. I'll post pictures so you'll see what I'm talking about! In fact, her face was so far beyond recognition, I had to replace the entire face and make a new one. I couldn't even tell you the amount of sutures I had to use on poor BB, but thankfully, there wasn't a lot of blood loss! Her skin is also a tad bit darker, but hey, living in Houston it's completely feasible that she would get a tan quickly, right? Okay, so now her eyes are a little, how do you say, "not right!" But, I figure there will be a few more surgeries she's going to need to get her closer to normal so I can just fix that then. Also, she needs a new ribbon and could probably use a hair transplant. I consider her first surgery a success though, and will keep everyone updated on our progress! Avery is very happy with the results so far, and ultimately she's the only one that matters!!!! Enjoy the pictures and try not to laugh too hard. Remember, I said this was the first surgery of many, so don't be too harsh on me!!!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
WOW, you did a great job...I could have never pulled that off:) Way to go!!
Holy Snikies, Nice job. Maybe you can share some of your sewing skills and stitching skills with Tracy.
We have a sewing machine but its used to lend out to people and take up closet space. Its never used in our household.
Have you heard from Salena's Agent at all? Just curious if they ever responded to the email you sent. Also you may want to keep sending emails. Being a heckler may sometimes work in reaching people you know.
I was giving Selena's people a few days before I start bugging them again. I promise I will let you know as soon as I hear anything!
Just for the record, I HAVE used my sewing machine before, just not often. :)
You did GREAT! Is this what I have to look forward too? Maybe if Ashlyn finds a baby baby then I will have to buy more than one so if this happens, I wont have to do surgery! :) But then we always have Dr. Aunt Sonia right? LOL
Exactly!!! But, I have bought several baby baby's that are similar, but not exactly like BB and Avery just tosses them aside!!! So sad!!! BTW, don't get one for Ashlyn, we were planning on getting her one! ;)
ok just let me know where you get it so I can get the exact same one and have them on hand :) LOL
It is so crazy to think of all of the little girl things I have to deal with. I am so used to cars and balls and those things. She will get those too! Just cuz I wont know what else to get her! LOL
well if you want my opinion get her a baseball bat and a glove. She is going to be such a major tomboy because of the love for sports around here.
She will be spitting chewy stuff and seeds in no time and Tracy will be wondering what happened..
That's too funny!!!
You get an A+. I am very impressed. I never would have thought about fixing it that way. The wonders of the power of medicine(mom medicine):)
Okay, that is probably the funniest thing I've heard all week. Plastic surgeon Sonia. Way to go! It looks beautiful. My mom had to put A LOT of stitches into my blankie when I was little, I'd always chew on it, stuff it up my nose, drag it outside... you name it, I did it. Moms are wonderful, aren't they?
Post a Comment