Okay, so do you guys remember about a decade ago I mentioned starting a foundation. Well, it seems that starting a foundation is pretty difficult. So, seeing as I don't have a lot of free time right now, I'm going to have to improvise until I have the time and energy to dedicate to my original idea. In the meantime, I am starting Soap Bubble Rainbows as a mini-foundation, and what I plan to do is rather simple. I will sell "Hope" bracelets on my blog for $12 each. Any profits I make from the sale of these bracelets will go to fund SBR. The money I raise for SBR will be used to perform Random Acts of Kindness. It's something I've always loved the idea of, and unfortunately haven't been able to do enough. I've been feeling down a lot recently, and I'll never forget a conversation I had with my friend Angela a few years ago. I wondered how it was that she was NEVER depressed, and always willing to do nice things for others. She would bring me peanut butter cookies just because she knew I was struggling. It didn't matter that her husband was out-of-town and she had two little ones at home, as opposed to my one! Although, in my defense, Avery really should count as more than one little one, lol! In Angela's defense, Ella and Avery are pretty much one in the same as far as personalities, so I guess my defense really isn't much of a defense. Back to my story though, when I asked her why she was so good to me and others, she said that whenever she felt down her mom would ask her what she did for someone else to make them feel better, and I thought, that is soooo great! I'll have to work on that someday! Well, I think that my time has come, and I'm ready to pay it forward! So, with your help I'll be able to do this! You know, take flowers to someone who might be having a bad day, pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru, so on and so forth. I'll report the different things that I'm able to do, but I won't name any names. If you know of someone that might need some cheering up, let me know and I'll see what I can do! Also, email me if you'd like to order a bracelet, I'll make whatever size you need, just give me about a week to get it done. If you live close by, I can deliver it to you, otherwise, I will charge $3 for shipping and send it to you priority mail. These would be great gifts, and they help out a wonderful cause, if I may say so myself! Oh, and for an additional $2 I'll even gift wrap it for you! Let me know if you have any questions at all, or any comments. Oh, and I won't be making any peanut butter cookies for anyone, Angela's are seriously the best and mine could NEVER compare!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Wow--such talent! Sonia, you are awesome! I think you are on the right track my friend. I will share your cute bracelets with all my friends who have little girls :) Have a great week!
Post a Comment