CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This is what a Montessori education can get you!

I have a quick story to tell, I just wanted to get it down before I completely forget! Here's one of my latest convo's with Ave:

Avery: Mom, guess what?
Me: (Trying to get the dishes done and listen to her hundredth story of the morning) What's that?
Avery: (Holding a piece of a puzzle that has a cow's stomach on it) See these pink thingies?
Me: Um-hum! (I say getting nervous)
Avery: The people on the farm squeeze them and then the milk shoots out into a big bowl! Then the people add water to it, and cook it and send it to the store for us to buy!
Me: (A little surprised and happy that she knows this, even if it's not technically correct, the idea sounds good!) Really? So, how did you figure this out?
Avery: Oh, I just knowed it!
Me: (Not sure I believe her) Really? That's interesting!
Avery: No, actually I learned it from Dora! (She says she learns everything from Dora these days, which is funny since she rarely watches Dora anymore)
Me: Dora? Really? Are you sure?
Avery: Okay, it was from Summer. (Her cousin who goes to a Montessori school and is about 7 months older than Avery)
Me: Ohhhh, now I get it! So did they teach Summer this in school?
Avery: Yup, and now she told me!
Me: Very good, I'm glad to hear her schooling is teaching you some things too!
Avery: Yup! (Totally over this conversation now, she just walks away)

Hmmm...it's so nice to have my daughter learning the things they are teaching her cousin at school! Especially since it cost me NOTHING! Thanks Veronica and Toby! That Montessori education is coming in really handy for me! I wonder what they're learning this week, lol!

0 comments: